Ugh, I've been craving for S&R's lemon drizzle loaf for a looooong time, but I have been trying to resist buying one because I know I will devour the whole thing in one sitting! You see, it's my cousin's wedding next week, and I'm her Maid of Honor (que horror the pressure!)... my gown? HAS NO GIVE. It's fits me like a very tight glove. There's no allowances, whatsoever! I haven't been eating much lately because I'm so afraid that the zipper would burst open while I'm walking down the aisle hahahahaha
But the craving is strong, so..... I baked one. Oops.
Also: I just watched the Avengers: Age of Ultron, and it was meh :( I loved all of the Marvel movies okay and this one - though still goooooood - did not live up to my expectations. (HAVE YOU SEEN IT; ARE YOU AS SAD AS I WAS) Basically, I needed something to make me happy (excuses)
For the cake:
6oz all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 zest of a lemon
1/2 cup walnuts
For the drizzle:
4oz icing sugar
2-3 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 300F; grease your baking pan (butter the pan + parchment paper then butter it up again. don't forget the sides!)
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt & the zest of a lemon.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time; continue mixing everything.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients and the walnuts until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when you poked it.
7. While waiting for the cake to cook, mix in the lemon juice 1 tablespoon at a time into your icing sugar. The mixture should have a paste like consistency.
8. Once done, poke some holes in the cake using the tip of a knife.
9. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before pouring the lemon drizzle liberally on top of the cake.
10. Wait until the lemon drizzle icing sets, and you're done!