Yes, avocado. In a cookie. It's totally weird for me, but it's surprisingly delicious! While my favorite avocado dessert is still this truly Filipino one, I have to admit, this one's really, really good too.
Fudgy Dark Chocolate with Avocado Cookies
Recipe from Two Peas and their Pod
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa (*The next time I do this, I'd probably go for 1/2 cup instead)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk (*I used whole milk since I only have almond-coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease your cookie tray with oil/butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- In your mixer, beat the oil, avocado and sugars until smooth. This takes more or less 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Interchange mixing the half of the flour mixture, milk and the rest of the flour. Do not overbeat - just until the flour is completely incorporated in the dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and form a ball. Flatten the ball a bit, then lay on the cookie tray. Allot an inch in between cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes (*Mine was already done by 8.30/9 minutes) or until the edge has set. The rest would be soft to the touch.
- Let it cool in the pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.