I've tried countless Banana Bread recipes (though in cupcake form) before finally settling with this recipe. I don't think I'll try another recipe anytime soon! The bread is so plump and moist, and it's super easy to make. Seriously, it's idiot-proof.
(Recipe adapted from Pastry Affair)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbps full of Nutella
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar till light & fluffy (for 2-3 minutes). Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt together and slowly add in the mixture. Do not over beat - I suggest mixing this manually.
- After dry ingredients is fully incorporated in the mixture, stir in the milk (use your mixer again).
- Add in the chocolate chips.
In a greased 9"x5" pan, pour in 1/3 of the batter. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Nutella* on top of the batter then swirl it gently. Repeat until your complete three layers.
Bake for 45 minutes, check if it's done. If not, add another 7-10 minutes. Afterwards, cool the bread for 10 minutes before transferring to your cooling rack. Let it stand for a few more minutes before cutting it
* It is suggested that you heat the Nutella in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before using it. I skipped this step and used a room temperature Nutella instead. It worked well for me. Note that I live in very humid country so Nutella was runny anyway.