Hi everyone! I celebrated my 22nd yesterday! I'll have a hauliday (ooh, witty) post in a few days! Mm.. I wasn't expecting anything at all - being a December birthday celebrator isn't really that much fun. Especially when your birthday falls on the corner of Christmas! But, hey, this post isn't for ranting! A few weeks ago, I posted my Product Disappointments of 2011, this time I'll be posting a list of products I love for this year! :)
001. Sleek Storm Palette - To be honest, I don't really do much eye makeup, I usually just settle for a great volumizing mascara, and that's it! For ~*special occasions*~ though, this palette is pretty amazing! The pigmentation, the array of colors plus the price! What more can you ask for? :) It has all the neutral colors that you need PLUS a variety of darker shades if you want something smokier. The matte dark brown, though isn't very pigmented, is a nice shadow to use for my eyebrows!
002. LUSH Snow Fairy - This product is the reason why I'm now a LUSH convert!
003. Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser - Can you say HG Facial cleanser?! FINALLY FOUND THE ~*ONE! After years and years of searching, who would have thought that I should have looked at the Men's section of Sephora first?! It's a cleanser & toner in one which makes this perfect for my lazy ass ;) Plus this makes my skin so ridiculously soft! I'll have a better, longer review of this later! :)
004. Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo - See my review of this one here. :)
Left: Swatched Heavily, Right: Blended Out
005. MAC Mineralize Blush in Cheek & Cheerful - This one is a really nice peachy blush with a slight coppery pink undertone. It does have A LOT of shimmers, but it isn't too overwhelming. I love using this when I know there's going to be a lot of picture taking because it gives me the nicest flush when photographed! I used this blush everyday (no kidding AT ALL) during my last term in College. I only had one subject left, and I was also finishing my thesis, so I wanted something that isn't much of a hassle to put on. This blush was perfect!
Rebel, Pink Pout, Viva Glam III
006. MAC Rebel - See my review of this one here! Such a perfect holiday/fall color!
007. Revlon Pink Pout - A part of Revlon's Matte line, Pink Pout is a cool intense bubblegum pink. For a matte lipstick, I find this one not drying at all. Pink Pout + a nice strong brows = Perfection!
008. MAC Viva Glam III - I wasn't too keen on this lipstick when I first had it, but it's growing on me now! It's my go-to lipstick whenever I don't want to wear too much makeup!
Top: Blush & Bronzer together, Bottom Left-Right: Blush, Bronzer, Highlight
009. MAC Pink Power MSF - Okay, honestly, I just bought this one because of the packaging: Wonder Woman! Who wouldn't like this one!? I didn't have any high expectations for this after reading Temptalia's review of it. The blush is too faint and cool on me, so I usually blend the bronzer and the blush together to have a warmer slightly orange blush. The highlighter, I'm not too fond of as it is very, VERY shimmery.
010. Lauren Style Ralph Lauren Perfume - I love using this during colder days because it can be a bit overwhelming when used in hot weather. It has a floral scent with a slightly sweet note to it - I just love how it settles into a perfect subtle smell later on.
011. ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light - It's cheap, can be easily found in any department store, it matches my hair color, it last all day - what more can you want in a brow kit?
012. Maybelline Magnum Mascara Waterproof - HG mascara, most definitely! I don't think I'll be buying anything else.. at least for now! This mascara gives me amaaaazing volume & length!
013. Fruits & Passion Mango Evasion Hand Cream - Oooh, this smells so good! It hydrates very well, it's not greasy nor is it sticky! I'm still psyching myself to buy a L'occitane hand cream, but I'm worried it might be too thick? Ahh, we'll see!
What are your favorite product/s for this year? :)
**Ooh, speaking of favorites, FC Barcelona just launched their new app called WorldTap! It's so incredibly frustrating to play, but so, so addictive!