I've never really thought about buying dry shampoos before till recently when I noticed that my hair fall's gotten quite drastic - which I attributed to shampooing too much (is there even such thing?) So, I ordered the Batiste dry shampoos to see if it would lessen my hair fall. (Months later, Suave released their own dry shampoo, so I bought one too!) I use these during days when I'm not going out - I'm just not used to not washing my hair! Anyway, I thought of comparing these two to see which is better.
- Smells floral-y
- Leaves white residue if you don't blend it well on your hair
- Absorbs oil on my hair really easily!
- Gives my limp hair VOLUME!
- Prettier packaging :p
- Cost $7.99 for the 5.05 fl oz bottle
Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
- Smells like air freshener
- Does not leave any white residue on my hair
- Absorbs oil quite well, my only problem about it is that I need to spray a lot more (compared to Batiste) before my hair feels 'clean'
- Gives decent volume to my hair
- Cheap! Cost around $2.99 for 5 fl oz :)
A lot of people have been complaining about a leak in the packaging, but I haven't encountered that yet.My bottle did leak! Darn it!
Although, Batiste is double the price of Suave, and there isn't much difference with the amount of product per can - I still say go for Batiste! I just really love the volume it gives me! And anyway, you can always shake off the white residue easily, plus Batiste just smells SO GOOOOOD. If your hair isn't limp like mine (luck you!), then I suggest getting the Suave one to save some money ;)
I've already had my hair cut (and thinned!), I've now stopped tying my hair in a bun, stopped dyeing my hair too much. So, now I don't use these two often, but I still reach for it when I'm going out and want some life back to my hair :)
What's your tried & tested dry shampoo? :)